Arlington Heights Dentist
Here are some interesting facts about your amazing teeth:
- Enamel is the hardest substance in the body, according to Dr. Leslie Seldin, a spokeswoman for the American Dental Association.
- A quarter of all of the adults in the United States have lost all of their teeth due to improper at home and professional care.
- Teeth are already forming before birth.
- The term “wisdom teeth” was given because these teeth come in later in life.
- Saliva is produced in our mouth in order to assist in breaking down food. It also helps to prevent tooth decay.
- In regards to diseases, tooth decay is the second most common after the everyday cold.
- When the general public goes to the store to buy a toothbrush, they prefer the color blue over red.
- During the middle ages, it was custom to kiss a donkey when a person had a toothache.
- A person only buys 18 yards of dental floss per year when reality, it should be 122 yards.
- It is important to visit your dentist at least twice a year to maintain healthy teeth.
Enjoy these fun dental facts. We hope to see you soon at our Arlington Heights IL dentist.